Friday, August 26, 2011

Currently

I have been reading the book called These Things Hidden this week. I can only read one book at a time because I get confused if I start one book during another.

Total pages read: 102
Book this week: These Things Hidden

Sentences of the week:

1. "As I move through the hallways of Gertrude House I hear the whispers of 'killer' and the angry, disgusted faces of the other residents. I will never be free of my past as long as I stay.." Page 92

2. "I have no money, no job, no friends and my family has disowned me, but I'm ready. I have to be."

3. "Across the doll's bare chest is one word, slashed in black permanent marker, a word that I know will follow me everywhere, no matter where I go. Killer." Page 35

The second sentence is one of my favorites so far in the book. It shows how strong Allison is and her confidence to want to turn her life around. I would not be able to go somewhere new with no friends or no money and be as ready for it as she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment