Monday, September 19, 2011

Poet Of The Month

My favorite poem we have read this year is called "September 12, 2001" by X J Kennedy. It's my favorite because its really personal and he expresses his deep thoughts about what happened on 9/11. The beginning of the poem sounds dark and depressing but at the end it gives a sense of hope and liveliness. I hope we read more of X J Kennedy's poems in class because they are really interesting. My next favorite poem in class was called "First Kiss" by April Lardner. It's kind of a corny poem but it is kind cute too. Haha I'm not sure why it is one of my favorites but I like reading it because its funny and cheesy. "The Trail is Not a Trail" by Gary Synder is my third favorite poem. It just talks about a man driving in his car and walking on a trial. It is a little boring but I like it because it is simple. It reminds me of Robert Frost's "A Road Not Taken" and I love that poem.

Omg I definitely just found out that we have spell check on here! That's so awesome because i totally suck at spelling. Also this blog is late because I wasn't here on Friday so I didn't no what to do on the Friday blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment